Hopefully you know that to get more nutrients from your food, your shopping choices should be made according to the seasons.
But did you know that you can also use your seasonal food choices to detox and cleanse your body.
Remember, everything we breathe, eat, drink, and even touch, contains toxins.
The good news is that you can detox yourself by eating seasonal fruits and vegetables. When you detox, you can not only boost your immunity, reduce stress, re-balance and rejuvenate your body, especially during the winter cold and flu season, but also avoid weight gain during and after the stressful Holiday season.
If you want to feel and look fabulous for the New Year, make the resolution try to incorporate more of these seasonal winter fruits and vegetables into your diet:
- Apples to cleanse your digestion, liver and kidneys;
- Pomegranates to detox your lymph;
- Beans to detox digestive tract;
- Broccoli, cabbage,sprouts to help detox the liver;
- Garlic to eliminate toxic microorganisms;
- Watercress to purify the blood;
- Celery to flush your kidneys
- Onions and garlic to remove heavy metals and parasites;
- Beets to purify the blood;
- Grapefruit peel to help resolve mucus condition from the lungs;
- Turnips to detoxify the body.
You can learn much more about simple detox with the seasons from my eBook “Detox -101 – Super Simple Detox”.
Let us be detox smart to avoid catching colds and to be happy and healthy this new year, shall we?
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Coach and Counselor