Are you ready for Cold and Flu Season?
Are your ready to prevent holiday weight gain?
I would like to share with you this Butternut Acorn Soup Recipe for weight loss, detox, and as a natural immunity booster.
There are at least eight reasons you should make our cold and weight fighting soup recipe right now!
8 reasons to make Butternut Acorn Soup
- Parsley is rich in vitamin C (several times the vitamin C of citrus), vitamin A (one of the highest sources), and chlorophyll which help to fight cancer, boost metabolism and immune system). Parsley is helpful for all kidney and urinary difficulties, strengthens the adrenal glands and teeth, helpful for ear infections
- Squash is rich in vitamin A (an important antioxidant which can boost your immune system and fight inflammation)
- Cilantro acts as a herbal cleanse detox – it helps in the chelation of heavy metals such as mercury and lead
- Dill, also acts as a detox cleansing herb and helps remove stagnation, and protects against free radicals and carcinogens; it is also rich in Calcium and Magnesium which help reduce stress, bone loss (especially after menopause) and promote sleep
- Turmeric (because of curcumin) is rich in antioxidants which fight/prevent cancer, boost immune system, reduce inflammation (helps with menstrual problems, toothache, bruises, rheumatoid arthritis); it is also helps with detox cleansing of the liver
- Onion is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, chromium and vitamin B6. It reduces inflammation,prevents cancer, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol which helps reduce risk of heart attack and stroke; it also lower blood sugar and insulin levels which is beneficial for diabetics. And, of course, it fights common cold
- Carrot is rich in the antioxidant beta-carotene/vitamin A, which protects against cancer; it also treats ear infections, night blindness, earaches; it benefits our skin, helps reduce inflammation, helpful for digestive problems (indigestion, heartburn, excess stomach acid) and urinary infections. Carrots, rich in fiber, help with constipation. Carrots can be also used as an easy detox vegetable to improve liver functions. Did you know that carrots heal burns and stop bleeding if you cut yourself in the kitchen?
- Olive oil is one of the best vegetable oil. Did you know that it has been consumed for more than thousands years? Try always to buy, cold pressed extra virgin.It also makes a wonderful facial by itself or an addition to any home-made mask.
Homemade Butternut Acorn Soup Recipe
- 2 – 3 pounds butternut or acorn squash
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream to taste
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro / parsley / dill or all above
Mash roasted butter or acorn squash. Saute onions and carrots in olive oil for 10 minutes. Mix squash with sautéd vegetables, add vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of turmeric. Process all ingredients in a food processor. Sprinkle every serving with cilantro / parsley/ dill and add a tsp. sour cream. You can serve this healthy Thanksgiving vegetable soup recipe for your family with Thanksgiving Dinner.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
©Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Counselor and Coach