Have you ever tried Kale Soup Recipe?
You can use soups to comfort and warm up your body as well as to nurture your mind and soul. Homemade detox soups can help you stay healthy, have more energy and manage your weight. Making homemade soups can also be used as a cooking meditation to relax our spirit, mind, body. And Cold and Flu season is also soup time.
I would like to share with you this delicious a healthy kale detox recipe from the book Pink Kitchen Soups by an author and four year breast cancer survivor Lisa Grey.
Kale, a detox green leafy vegetable, is rich in fiber and vitamin A, C and K which can boost your immunity and help your heart, eyes and breasts stay healthy
Kale Festa Detox Soup Recipe
In Portuguese, ‘festa’ means festival. Throughout each year, Portugal holds many different festivals, and kale soup is often served. This healthy version contains an explosion of garlic and red pepper, topped with a drizzle of olive oil. Your taste buds will celebrate!
- 2 – 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of kale (lower stems removed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 c. vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can whole tomatoes & juice
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. dried coriander
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- extra olive oil for drizzling
- Chop kale, onion, and rosemary leaves.
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Break up tomatoes gently with a spoon.
- Cook on ‘low’ setting for 3 hours. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over each serving.
Click to listen to our interview with Lisa Grey on Healthy Eating for Healthy Breasts
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Coach and Relationship Expert