Breast cancer awareness month;a good time to reconsider how well we take or our breasts. I would like to share with you this healthy and simple detox recipe with beets and apples that you can use for breast cancer prevention or as you undergo treatments for breast cancer.
Beets are a detox vegetable that can be used in your breast cancer diets. Beets can purify the blood and detox the liver and balance hormones.
Apples are one of the best detox foods. Apples are rich in the fiber pectin which can cleanse our intestines and get rid of constipation and toxins in the body. Apples also boost our immune system which is important for breast cancer prevention. Remember that you should buy only apples as organic because of their high level of pesticides.
Beet and Apple Detox Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups beets, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground pepper
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh dill to garnish, chopped (per serving)
1. Make the soup: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beets and onions and cook until onions soften – about 5 minutes. Add the apples and cook for 5 more minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, 4 cups cider, and 4 cups water. Bring soup to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until beets are tender – about 40 minutes. Puree small batches of soup in a blender until smooth, adding remaining cider as necessary to reach desired consistency. Bring soup to room temperature and chill until ready to serve.
2. Make sour-cream mixture: Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and serve a tablespoon of the mixture with each serving. (adopted from thedailygreen .com)
Bon Appetit !
Breathe, smile and be happy.
©Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Coach and Counselor