Household Cleansers and Chemicals that Can Turn You into a Toxic Dump

Everything we breathe, eat, drink, and even touch, contain toxins, substances that creates irritating or harmful effects in the body, which can sometimes even damage our tissues and organs. IR for this reason that holistic detox shouldn’t be about only the food and water we eat.detox from hazardous household chemicals

I’d like to share with you an extract from the article TOP “10” Hazardous Household Chemicals by Richard Alexander, specialist in personal injury litigation published in www.consumerlawpage.com

Most Hazardous Household Cleansers and Chemicals

AIR FRESHENERS: Most air fresheners interfere with your ability to smell by coating your nasal passages with an oil film, or by releasing a nerve deadening agent. Known toxic chemicals found in an air freshener: Formaldehyde: Highly toxic, known carcinogen. Phenol: When phenol touches your skin it can cause it to swell, burn, peel, and break out in hives. Can cause cold sweats,convulsions, circulatory collapse, coma and even death.

BLEACH: It is a strong corrosive. It will irritate or burn the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. It may cause pulmonary edema or vomiting and coma if ingested. WARNING: never mix bleach with ammonia it may cause fumes which can be DEADLY.

CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY SHAMPOO: Most formulas are designed to over power the stain itself, they accomplish the task but not without using highly toxic substances. Some include: Perchlorethylene: Known carcinogen damages liver, kidney and nervous system damage. Ammonium Hydroxide: Corrosive, extremely irritable to eyes, skin and respiratory passages.

DISHWASHER DETERGENTS: Most products contain chlorine in a dry form that is highly concentrated.# 1 cause of child poisonings, according to poison control centers.

DRAIN CLEANER: Most drain cleaners contain lye, hydrochloric acid or trichloroethane. Lye: Caustic, burns skin and eyes, if ingested will damage esophagus and stomach. Hydrochloric acid: Corrosive, eye and skin irritant, damages kidneys, liver and digestive tract. Trichloroethane: Eye and skin irritant, nervous system depressant; damages liver and kidneys.

FURNITURE POLISH: Petroleum Distillates: Highly flammable, can cause skin and lung cancer. Phenol: (see Air fresheners, Phenol.) Nitrobenzene: Easily absorbed through the skin, extremely toxic.

MOLD AND MILDEW CLEANERS: Chemicals contained are: Sodium hypochlorite: Corrosive, irritates or burns skin and eyes, causes fluid in the lungs which can lead to coma or death. Formaldehyde: Highly toxic, known carcinogen. Irritant to eyes, nose, throat, and skin. May cause nausea, headaches, nosebleeds, dizziness, memory loss and shortness of breath.

OVEN CLEANER: Sodium Hydroxide (Lye): Caustic, strong irritant, burns to both skin and eyes. Inhibits reflexes, will cause severe tissue damage if swallowed.

ANTIBACTERIAL CLEANERS: may contain: Triclosan: Absorption through the skin can be tied to liver damage.

LAUNDRY ROOM PRODUCTS: Sodium or calcium hypocrite: Highly corrosive, irritates or burns skin, eyes or respiratory tract. Linear alkylate sulfonate: Absorbed through the skin. Known liver damaging agent. Sodium Tripolyphosphate: Irritates skin and mucous membranes, causes vomiting. Easily absorbed through the skin from clothes.

TOILET BOWL CLEANERS: Hydrochloric acid: Highly corrosive, irritant to both skin and eyes. Damages kidneys and liver. Hypochlorite Bleach: Corrosive, irritates or burns eyes, skin and respiratory tract. May cause pulmonary edema, vomiting or coma if ingested. Contact with other chemicals may cause chlorine fumes which may be fatal.

If you think you eat healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle, think again. Look around your house and maybe make some changes if you want to be healthy and feel and look fabulous.

 

Breathe, smile and be happy

©Irina Wardas, HHC

Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition and Relationship Coach and Counselor

NaturalCounselor.com

, , ,

5 Responses to “Household Cleansers and Chemicals that Can Turn You into a Toxic Dump”

  1. Stefanie Says:

    The skin needs to be taken care of for it to receive the maximum benefits of a make up. A healthy skin boosts your make up look & makes it look natural and helps it express its true potential. On the other hand if you do not take proper care of your skin, make up looks artificial and does not improve your looks as much as it can.

  2. Hives Relief Says:

    Makes me wonder why we pay money to keep this crap in our homes. Thanks for the post.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Sedocura Horses | Allergies-Gone - April 14, 2010

    […] Household Chemicals t&#1211&#1072t C&#1072&#1495 M&#1072k&#1077 Y&#959&#965 a Toxic Dump | NaturalCo… […]

  2. Earth Day Activities - EPA Regional Adm. Mary Gade at Chicago Earth Day celebration - April 18, 2010

    […] Household Chemicals that Can Make You a Toxic Dump | NaturalCounselor […]

  3. Creating an Allergy Free Home | Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - April 19, 2010

    […] Household Chemicals t&#1211&#1072t C&#1072&#1495 M&#1072k&#1077 Y&#959&#965 a Toxic Dump | NaturalCo… […]

Leave a Reply