Are you ready to try a delicious detox recipe? It can help you lose some weight and prevent cancer and heart attacks.
Kabocha squash is rich in fiber and beta-carotene which we need for a healthy heart and eyes as well as natural weight loss and cancer prevention.
Kale is rich in vitamin C, K and A to boost immunity, prevent cancer, reduce inflammation. Kale reduces risk of more than five different types of cancers including breast and ovarian cancer. it is also a detox vegetable to help our body get rid of toxins.
I would like to share with you this super healthy Roasted Kabocha Squash with Mushroom and Kale recipe by Anissa chef Anita Lo from www.wallstreetjournal. com
Squash with Mushroom-Kale Ragout Detox Recipe
- 1 pound Kabocha squash, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup Tuscan kale, stems removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4-cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush squash slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange squash on a baking sheet and roast until a knife easily pierces the thickest part, about 20 to 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan on high. Once hot, swirl in 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil just begins to smoke, add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Lower heat to medium-high and cook until mushrooms start to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable or chicken stock and boil for 1 minute or less.
- Stir in the kale, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add a splash more stock, butter and stir to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Take off heat and add sage.
- To serve, spoon the mushroom-kale mixture over the roasted squash. Top with grated cheese.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach and Counselor