How much would you like it if you could get through the Holidays and the Cold / Flu Season staying healthy and happy, and without gaining too much weight?
I would like to share with you ten tips to stay healthy and feel and look fabulous:
1. Start your day with a glass of warm water flavored with the juice of ½ lemon. This simple drink will help detox your liver and colon and can help suppress your appetite. As for me, I like to take a glass of warm water with 1 tbsp organic apple-cider vinegar and ½ tsp organic honey.
2. Eat as many high-fiber foods as you can, My favorite high fiber foods are: fresh fruits, raw green leafy vegetables (kale, collard greens, dandelion greens, spinach, arugula), whole-grain oatmeal, barley, asparagus, beans, cabbage, carrots, garlic, kale, sweet potatoes, cranberries, prunes.
Also, try to consume plenty of foods that are high in pectin, such as carrots, beets, cabbage, citrus fruits.
3. Wash your hands to eliminate germs that can make you sick. Don’t touch your face if you don’t need to: germs can enter you through your face (eyes, nose and mouth). Its easy to end up touching your face hundreds of times a day; the fewer time the better.
4. Take a break from protein, dairy products, fat and sweets, instead eat more: soups, such as Pumpkin Soup, Mushroom Pumpkin Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Fennel Soup, etc; grains, such as brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat (especially good for weigh loss); and seasonal vegetables.
5. Drink more water or drink teas with nettles, ginger, clover, dandelion, burdock root.
6. Use detox spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel, rosemary, oregano, ginger. Try an Immunity Boosting Spices Mix.
7. Use omega-3 foods daily (walnuts, flax seed oil or freshly ground flax seeds, salmon)
8. Between meals have healthy snacks (walnuts, raisins, almonds, prunes, figs, carrots, celery, etc.)
9. Move your body (also known as exercise) – take a short walk before and/or after your meal.
10. Take time to reduce stress and relax: listen to music, enjoy nature, spend time with your friend, dance, or maybe have some extra sleep .
Visit my Radio Show for Women for more tips on “Boosting Your Immunity During Cold and Flu Season” with Naturopath and Raw Food Coach Pamela Reilly
And never forget to breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Counselor, Coach and Relationship Expert