If you are seeking to lose weight naturally, balance your hormones, avoid headaches and migraines, or prevent cancer and heart disease, you need to reduce your consumption of high calorie, high fat and foods.
But what shall we do if we like ice-cream and it is hot outside? This delicious and healthy dairy and guilt free ice cream recipe from www.americanyogini.com will help you cool off and feel fabulous in a hot weather. You can also have it as a healthy snack for more energy and better mood when you feel sleepy or tired.
Dairy Free Strawberry Watermelon Swirl to Lose Weight Naturally
Un-Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 Cups Watermelon, cubed
- 3 Cups fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Cup Cashews, soaked 3 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup filtered water ( in addition to soaking water) 1/4 – 1/2 cup agave nectar
Equipment and tools:
- mesh milk bag
- ice cream machine – center vessel in freezer for 6 hours. I store mine in the freezer at all times so its just ready to go: I just take it from the freezer instead of the cabinet.
- 2 ice cream parfait glasses
- 2 mixing bowls
- rubber spatula
- Cut watermelon into rough cubes about 1-2 inches, and place in freezer on cookie sheet.
- Be sure the ice cream maker is frozen for several hours, placed in your freezer according to manufacturer instructions.
Blend soaked cashews with water and 3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar until very well liquefied.
- Squeeze through a mesh filter bag or force through a fine sieve, stir in vanilla, and set aside.
- Slice strawberries, and taste for natural sweetness. Add more agave if desired to taste.
- Blend into the cashew vanilla cream in your blender, allow some of the strawberries pieces to remain chunky.
- Assemble your frozen ice cream bowl into the base and turn on.
- With motor running, Slowly pour strawberry ice cream base into your ice cream maker.
- In only a few minutes you will see the ice cream forming in your ice cream maker.
- While the ice cream maker is doing its job, remove watermelon from freezer, and place in blender to quickly blend into a frozen slush.
- With spatula, place softly frozen strawberry ice cream into a mixing bowl and swirl in the watermelon slush.
Tune in to the “cleansed” you and be “sattvic” (truthful and present) when tasting for sweetness: So many times when it comes to desserts we revert to old information and programing that will tell us “add more sweetness” rather than slow down and be present with each ingredient acknowledging the ‘Sattvic” or “true” level of sweetness nature is presenting at this moment.
Strawberry may be more or less sweet according to region, season, weather conditions. All these natural factors become a part of us, and allow us to be fully in control. This does not mean that if you have sour berries you should not add sweet agave, that too would be untruthful. The blessing of this cleansing practice is our growing ability to truthfully give ourselves what delights and nourishes us and our friends and families.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach and Relationship Expert