When it’s hot outside, we all know that need to drink more water to stay hydrated, but did you know that you can stay cool by simply addding more vegetables and herbs to your diet.
- Warm weather leafy vegetables including watercress have a cooling effect on the body.
- Vegetables such as cucumbers and zucchini, added to your salads, might also help you feel refreshed.
- And just a dash of cleansing herb peppermint will help you cool off as well as beautify and cleanse your skin.
Here is a simple refreshing summer salad recipe that you can use to help you cool off, for weight loss, detox of your body, and as natural beauty remedies to cleanse your skin.
Cooling Zucchini and Watercress Salad with Peppermint Dressing Beauty Remedy
- 2 medium Zucchini, sliced,
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped,
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- bunch of watercress
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Mix all ingredients, add the Dressing and enjoy.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp peppermint, chopped
- 3/4 plain Greek Yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
©Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Coach and Counselor