Are you ready to detox? Why not go natural and detox with herbs?
Some herbs you may want to add to your diet are: as red clover, garlic, echinacea, dandelion root, yellow dock root, burdock root, milk thistle, parsley, cilantro, peppermint, licorice, and flax.
The combination of vitamins, minerals and special chemical compounds in these herbs make for a perfect super simple detox. Here is a list of some of detox herbs and their benefits.
- Red clover – blood cleanser
- Garlic– blood cleanser, natural antibiotic
- Echinacea – lymph cleanser, antimicrobial
- Dandelion root – liver and blood cleanser, diuretic, filters toxins
- Yellow dock root– skin, blood and liver cleanser
- Burdock root – skin and blood cleanser, diuretic, antibacterial
- Milk thistle – liver cleanser
- Parsley leaf – diuretic, flushes kidneys, breath freshener
- Cilantro –helps in the chelation of heavy metals such as mercury and lead
- Peppermint – skin cleanser
- Licorice – colon cleanser
- Flax seeds – colon cleanser
- Oregano – liver and gallbladder cleanser
- Rosemary – colon cleanser, may help reduce levels of the carcinogenic heterocyclic amines
Simple and Natural Detox Cleansing Salad Recipe with Herbs
- 1 small burdock root, thinly sliced(you can find it in Whole Foods or any Health Store)
- 1 cup dandelion greens, rinsed and dried
- 2 tbsp prunes chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped or
- 1tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or sunflower seeds or pine nuts
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1/5 (or less) cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
Mix all ingredients thoroughly, add the dressing and serve.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
©Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach and Relationship Expert