Winter is here. During this time of the year many of us have the winter blues or seasonal depression. Did you know that simply using flashlight three times a day might help? My radio show guest Caroline Sutherland reminded me about this effective light therapy while we were talking about anti-aging, weight loss and detox. I highly recommend you listen to the show if you missed it.
Have you tried eating walnuts or squeezing orange skin to boost our serotonin level? Aromatherapy might help too – you can use different essential oils to reduce stress, get more energy and fight seasonal depression.
Here are some tips from Aromandina.com
- Bergamot and Grapefruit keep negative emotions under check while Ylang Ylangrelieves any kind of mental stress.
- If you need to regain your lost energy levels, take a pick from zesty citrus scents like Orange, Lemon and Mandarin.
- Try Clary Sage and Jasmine to calm your senses and perk up your spirits.
- Use these oils in a diffuser, in your bath water or as massage oil to keep yourself warm, happy and energized through the winter.
- It may be a good idea to try out our brand new product called Citrus Delight. This bright happy and warming blend of Bergamot, Grapefruit and Lemon is just perfect for keeping blues at bay.
If you want to know how to use essential oils for weight loss, detox and healthy pregnancy, you can listen to my interview with Cristina Proano, Aromatherapy Specialist on my Radio Show for Women “Feel and Look Fabulous with Irina.”
Listen to our discussion on How to Deal with Seasonal Depression and Anxiety with Medical Intuitive and Certified Natural Health Practitioner Iuliana Lixandru.
And of course, always breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach and Counselor