Its getting hot outside. To cool off, you can try some our warm weather leafy green vegetables, which can be purchased fresh and in season in the summer. A daily helping of one of these leafy greens can be a great source and rich supply of vital chlorophyll, vitamin A, C, K, folate, calcium, iron, and intestinal cleansing fiber. All the healthy leafy green vegetables below can be used as ingredients in your green smoothie recipes
You can also use leafy greens to help you detox naturally and cleanse smart from harmful toxins that can cause certain cancers.
Raw leafy green vegetables can also be used for natural weight loss and detox.
It takes 3- 5 minutes to steam leafy greens.
You can also oil saute/stir fry greens in olive oil or ghee with garlic.
- Arugula (raw or stir fried)
- Beet Greens (stir fried)
- Bok Choy ( raw or steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Chinese Cabbage (raw or steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Collard Greens (steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Dandelion Greens ( raw or steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Kale (steamed or stir-fried for 3-5 minutes)
- Mustard Greens (steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Radish Greens (steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Swiss Chard (raw or stir fried for 3-5 minutes)
- Turnip Greens (steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- Watercress (steamed for 3-5 minutes)
Leafy Vegetables are rich in fat-soluble vitamins such as A, E, D, K, so don’t forget to add some olive oil, ghee, turmeric dressing recipe or walnuts for better digestion.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Counselor and Nutrition Coach