In summer to feel and look fabulous we need to eat more lycopene rich foods. This Stuffed Red Pepper Recipe with lycopene rich foods can be used as a beauty remedy to help you protect your face and skin from damage from sun exposure.
Red bell pepper is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A and can boost the immune system, lower cancer risk, reduce inflammation, and prevent heart attack.
Brown rice is rich in fiber and can help elimination and lower high blood pressure.
Tomato is rich in lycopene and can protect our skin and face from damage from sun exposure to prevent skin cancers.
Stuffed Red Pepper Beauty Remedies Recipe for Sun Damaged Skin
- 2 large bell peppers
- 2 tbsp.vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 4 tbsp cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper to taste
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Slice off the tops, then scoop out and discard the seeds.
2. Heat the stock in a skillet, then add the onions, and garlic and saute, stirring, until translucent. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, chopped eggplants or zucchini flesh, cooked rice, pine nuts, herbs, and cinnamon and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper.
4. Lightly mist a baking dish with oil-and-water spray. Stuff the vegetables with the rice mixture and put the lids back on the peppers or tomatoes. Bake for about 20 minutes. (adopted from the book “Detox” by Sara Rose)
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach and Counselor