I would like to share with you a couple of cucumber recipes for simple detox and homemade beauty remedy.
Do you like cucumbers? Do you eat them on a regular basis? Well, if you want to look younger, have healthy kidneys, lower your blood pressure, be flexible, you should.
Here are at least seven reasons why we should eat more cucumbers:
- The high water content of the cucumbers make it a perfect cooling vegetable. They are very helpful during hot or dry period of time.
- Cucumbers are one of the best kidney cleansers because of their diuretic properties. They prevent water retention which normally leads to water weight gain, help wash kidneys and bladder of debris and stones. As a result, cucumber help to get rid of kidney and bladder infection, lower high blood pressure, support the heart.
- Cucumber contains the digestive enzyme (erepsin) to help digest = break down protein and cleanse the intestines.
- Vitamin C in cucumbers help calm irritated skin and reduce swelling.
- Cucumber skin is rich in silica which we need to have healthy bones, hair and nails, wrinkle free skin as well as healthy muscle tissues (for flexibility and elasticity).
- Cucumber juice might relieve all burns including sunburn.
- Cucumber skin is rich in chlorophyll to detox, eliminate bad breath and body odor, have healthy, cavity free teeth; help with anti-inflammation, etc. If you are going to use the skin, try to buy organic cucumbers.
Easy to Make Cucumber Salad Recipe
1 cup cucumbers, sliced
3 tbsp sliced onions
1 tbsp parsley chopped
2 tbsp plain yogurt or Detox Turmeric Dressing
salt + pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and eat with a smile.
Cucumber Facial Mask
2 tbsp grated cucumber
Apply to your face, leave for 10 minutes, rinse with luke warm water.
Try to incorporate more cucumbers in to your meals to feel and look fabulous.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
©Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition and Relationship Expert