It is Stress Awareness Month, the right time for us to learn how to relax with a cup of Nettle Tea, one of the best stress reducers and vitamin D foods. Most all illnesses are caused by stress, so we should slow down and take care of ourselves. Have you tried doing nothing while cleansing your lymph? Was it fun?
You can spend another five minutes doing nothing but drinking detox Nettle Leaf Tea, which is a perfect fatigue treatment. It also helps with headaches and migraines, menopause problems, constipation and is used as a weight loss detox remedy.
Susan Mead, Master Herbalist highly recommends Nettle Tea (infusion). It is high in Calcium as well as in Iron, Carotene, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Chromium, Vitamin B, Potassium, Vitamin D, Zinc and Vitamin K.
Detox Nettle Tea and Stress Remedy Recipe:
- Place 1 oz. of organic dried nettles in a glass, quart-sized jar. Canning jars work well for this, and it will be just under half-full of the dried nettles.
- Pour just-boiled water (preferably without chlorine or fluoride) over the nettles, filling the glass jar to the top. Cap snugly, but not too tight.
- Let it steep for 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain the liquid out, squeezing any excess from the plant material, and store it in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Discard the left-over nettles in your compost or under your trees and bushes–it will help them stay healthy, too. Plus it’s a more respectful way to treat the plant.
- Drink 1 cup to 1 quart daily, either iced or heated, depending on your preference and the time of year. But try to avoid the microwave as it destroys nutrients. If that sounds like a lot to drink, remember that that’s one less quart of water you need to drink.
Start with one cup of Nettle Tea a day and then … it’s up to you, the more cups the better for your health:-) Click to listen to our interview with Susan Mead and learn more about nettle tea and how to treat menopause symptoms with herbs and save money.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition Coach, Counselor and Radio Show Host