To feel and look fabulous, we need learn to listen to our bodies. Our body will always give us advance signals that something is wrong But did you know that we can also talk to our body? If you enjoyed our first visualization exercise – “Food Meditation as a Stress Relief Tool and Weight Loss Technique”, you will like this exercise.
I would like to share with you an excerpt from The Self-Healing Cook Book by Kristina Turner.
Here is a simple exercise you can use whenever your mind feels saturated with to much new information about dieting. It can help you tune-in to your own body’s innate wisdom…and help you get clear about your next steps in self-healing.
- Begin by sitting quietly, in a comfortable chair.
- Relax…..let your body sink down into the chair…..giving your weight to the earth. Notice how you are breathing…and gradually let it get deeper and more even.
- Now, in your imagination, go inside your body. Look for any place that feels uncomfortable, or in need of special, loving attention. Talk to it, like you would talk to a friend….
“Hi there, can I help? What do you need?” Listen to an answer.
- Ask it to tell you or show you a picture of how it wants to feel.
- Now, get a sense of a particular food that would make your body feel both calm and energized. Is there a new food it wants to try this week? Or a familiar food that would be especially vitalizing?
- When you have an answer, say thanks! Open your eyes, and decide how and when you want to cook your “healing food”. Finally, savor it. Just one food, eaten in a spirit of cooperating with your body’s intuitive needs, may be the most important first step to take towards gaining greater control of your health.
I hope you enjoyed this creative food visualization and meditation exercise and will share it with your friends a family.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition and Relationship Expert