If you don’t have time for exercises or it is too hot to do some walking or jogging outside, try a home workout.
How to Turn Household Tasks into a Fun Home Workout
Here are some healthy weight loss tips and exercise shortcuts to burn calories while doing some boring work around the house. If you don’t like home cleaning but want to manage your weight, it may be time to reconsider some of your habits and add some fun to your daily routine.
1. Cleaning counters can help you burn more than 100 calories in 30 minutes. Start stretching and bending during this activity to detox your body from toxins and get more flexible. Detoxing the kitchen is number one step to a healthy weight loss detox.
2. Just cooking will help you burn 85 calories in 30 minutes. Try to dance around the kitchen and you will have an aerobic session in the kitchen.
3. Singing or dancing while vacuuming will help you not only manage your weight but also beat seasonal depression, anxiety and moodiness. Don’t forget to breathe, smile and have some water in between.
4. A boring washing dishes activity will help you burn 78 calories in 30 minutes. Combine it with a short washing dishes meditation to relax, reduce stress and lower your blood pressure.
5. In order to have a guilt free dessert, take some time for mopping the floor in the kitchen and burn at least 119 calories in 30 minutes. Be creative and add some dancing moves or yoga stretches and you will earn extra calorie free dessert.
6. Don’t forget about old fashionable dusting if you want to burn at least 80 calories in 30 minutes. Dusting with music will help you not only to lose some weight but also act as a healthy weight loss detox that can reduce risk of getting asthma and allergies.
7. Making beds will help you burn more than 110 calories in 30 minutes. Add some lifting and bending and you don’t need to go the gym.
8. Scrubbing the bath , one of unpleasant home cleaning tasks, might help you burn around 200 calories in 30 minutes. Add some music to make your experience more enjoyable. Don’t forget about green cleaning chemical in order to avoid harmful toxins.
Click to listen to our discussion with Diet and Weight Loss Coach Sandra Ahten on How to Create Your Own Diet Plan
Breathe, smile and keep moving.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health and Nutrition Counselor and Coach