The saying we are what we eat is more true than any of us realize.
What can some of your cause of headaches be? To heal your headache you will need to find the headache trigger that originated it. We all know hormonal headaches, menopause headaches, and menstrual headaches have headache triggers. But do you know that your daily headaches may be caused by your food choices, or lack of of them.
But before trying home remedies for headaches based on food sensitivity to particular foods, make sure your are regularly drinking plenty of water – simple dehydration can trigger headaches and migraines – drinking plenty of water is the most simple home headache remedy you can try.
But if drinking water does not help relieve your daily headaches, then you may want to see if you have a particular food sensitivity. How many of you have had a sugar headache? Well, your pulsating, throbbing, stabbing headaches may be caused by any of the below.
- – Alcohol, (especially red wine)
- – MSG=Monosodium glutamate =sodium glutamate = (hydrolyzed protein, glutamate, glutamic acid, sodium caseinate, calcium caseinate, yeast extract, autolyzed yeast, seasonings) sodium salt used as food preserver and flavor enhancer
- – Artificial sweeteners
- – Processed meats and fish
- – Caffeinated beverages
- – Dark chocolate (cocoa = caffeine content)
- – Cheese and other diary products
- – Nuts and Nut butters
- – Vinegars
- – Citrus fruits (sometimes bananas)
- – Dried fruits and sulfites
- – Onions
- – Sauerkraut
- – Lentils and beans
Every person is unique, so your food sensitivity triggered headache may be caused by a different food than you friend. You may need to eliminate all the foods above from your diet for a week and then add one by one before seeing any results. If your headaches and migraines are triggered by foods, you will eventually find the one (ones) that is making you miserable so that you can live life to its fullest again.
Sugar Surprise – How Much Sugar Do You Think You Consume
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health, Nutrition and Relationship Expert